Discover the thrill of SCUBA diving on this, internationally recognized, PADI Discover SCUBA Course! Your tour begins with a comprehensive introductory lesson during which your PADI certified instructor will teach you the fundamentals of diving. Following the lesson, you will have the opportunity to practically apply the concepts you have learned in a skills review session under the supervision of your instructor. After this practice session, your instructor will take you on a guided, shallow water dive that does not exceed 35 feet in depth. This introduction to SCUBA is the perfect way for first-timers to experience diving in a safe, supervised and confidence building environment. This tour is also suitable as a refresher dive for certified divers who have not been on a dive in the past 2 years, or certified divers wishing to do a shore dive. All gear and equipment are provided. After you dive, relax on the beach at Snorkel Park and enjoy all that the fabulous beach location had to offer.
Cost: $109 per Discover SCUBA Diver; $79 per Repeat Discover SCUBA Diver (Must have previously completed full DSD course with Fantasea); $100 per Person for Certified Diver Refresher Course; $100 per Certified Diver for Shore Dive + $5 Non-Refundable Admin Fee
Duration: 2 Hours 30 Mins - 3 Hours 30 Minutes (Duration may vary with group size)
Operates: April 7th - November 20th. Available November - March upon request for groups of 2 or more.
Check In: Island Tour Centre, Dockyard; 15 Minutes prior to scheduled departure time
Includes: Competent and professional Dive Instructor; All necessary gear and equipment; Admission to Snorkel Park Beach
Excludes: Towels; Gratuities for the crew; Drinks and snacks available for purchase on site
Restrictions: Minimum 10 Years; Maximum 250 Lbs; Participants must be able to swim; Prior diving or snorkeling experience is not required; Depending on group size, the DSD course may be operated in 'rounds'; During any wait times you are able to enjoy the Snorkel Park Beach facilities and/or complimentary snorkel gear; Participation is subject to satisfactory competition of a Medical Questionnaire - Please read the following questions before registering:
Please answer the following questions on your past or present medical history. If you answer yes, you will not be able to participate without an adequate medical statement clearing you to dive by a physician and no refunds will be provided. Be honest with your responses. Do not put your health at risk.
- Do you currently have an ear infection?
- Do you have a history of ear disease, hearing loss or problems with balance?
- Do you have a history of ear or sinus surgery?
- Are you currently suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis?
- Do you have a history of respiratory problems, severe attacks of hay fever or allergies, or lunch disease?
- Have you had a collapsed lung (pneumothorax) or history of chest surgery?
- Do you have active asthma or history of emphysema or tuberculosis?
- Are you currently taking medication that carries a warning about any impairment of physical or mental abilities?
- Do you have behavioral health, mental or psychological problems or a nervous system disorder?
- Are you or could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a history of colostomy?
- Do you have a history of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure, angina, or take medication to control blood pressure?
- Are you over 45 and have a family history of heart attack or stroke?
- Do you have a history of bleeding or other blood disorders?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have a history of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or taken medications to prevent them?
- Do you have a history of back, arm or leg problems following an inquiry, fracture or surgery?
- Do you have a history of fear of closed or open spaces or panic attacks (claustrophobia or agoraphobia)?