Welcome to the Island Tour Centre. We are a booking agent for the Island’s top rated and most experienced vendors. We offer everything. From sea to land, relaxing or thrilling, the Island Tour Centre is your one stop shop for Bermuda’s best excursions. Our easy to navigate website makes booking online a breeze, or you may call us directly. Our knowledgeable staff will be happy to assist you with bookings, questions, and suggestions.
Why is booking directly through Island Tour Centre better than booking through a third party agency like Viator or Shore Trips?
- We are on the ground here in Bermuda. We know what the weather is like at any given moment; we can assess conditions; and we can keep you informed. Be smart. Book directly on our website or with us by telephone.
- When you book with us, you are booking directly with the company that works with the vendors. We know the schedule;we know the days; we know the times of each tour, every day.
- Despite us informing the third-party agencies of our tour times and days, they frequently list incorrect times and days, causing a lot of frustration for you and for us.
- If there is a change of schedule, it is much easier for us to contact you than to go through another agency that would then have to contact you.
- When a trip is cancelled for any reason and you cannot reschedule, we are able to refund your money immediately and confirm that refund to you. If you book through a third party, we must notify them of the cancellation. It is then up to them to decide if you get a refund or not. As they are dealing with tours from all over the world, it will take much longer to receive your refund.
What is the booking fee and why is it non-refundable?
- The flat $5 per person booking fee is added to each ticket to cover our many costs as the booking agent for the vendors with which we work. For example, the time our agents take to speak with you on the phone or via email, answering questions, and taking the bookings.
- The fee helps to offset our credit card machine charges, and the maintenance and upkeep of our website and reservations system.
- This fee is non-refundable in the event a tour is cancelled (for any reason) or the guest cancels (for any reason) as we have already taken the time to assist you with questions (phone or email), bookings, credit card charges, and maintenance. If a tour is cancelled, and the guest is unable to reschedule, the guest will receive a refund for the cost of the tour, less the $5 per person booking fee. If a guest cancels outside the cancellation period, they will receive a refund for the cost of the tour, less the booking fee. If a guest cancels within the cancelation period, the guest forfeits the entire cost of the tour.
Why do you ask for my email, phone number, and accommodation information?
- In the unlikely event a tour is cancelled, there is a time change, or we need to give or get information to or from you, we need to have as many ways to contact you as possible.
What if my tour gets cancelled?
- If your tour is cancelled, we will do our best to reschedule you at a different time or on a different day. If that is not possible, you will receive a refund for the cost of the tour minus the $5 per person, non-refundable booking fee.
What if it is raining or it is windy?
- Weather in Bermuda is extremely unpredictable. All weather cancellations are up to the captain on the day of the trip. Safety is our greatest concern. If the weather is deemed unsafe by a tour boat captain or vendor, we will do our best to reschedule you on a different day. If you are unable to reschedule you will be given a refund for the cost of the tour, less the $5 booking fee per ticket.
- If the weather is too windy to snorkel or dive at the site advertised, the captain reserves the right to change to a more suitable location. Please read the Terms and Conditions prior to booking. Weather policies are stated on the Things To Know on each ticket, as well.
- If the guest cancels within the cancellation period because they do not like the look of the weather but the tour is still going, the guest will forfeit the entire cost of the excursion.
Can I hire a captain for my boat rental?
- A captain may be added to pontoon boat rentals for an additional cost of $40 per hour. This must be arranged and paid for in advance of the excursion day. Captains are limited; therefore, pre-arrangements must be made.
Where are you located in proximity to the cruise ships?
- The Island Tour Centre has two office locations. Our main office is located in Dockyard on the pier as you walk towards the cruise ships. Our second office is located in Hamilton on the backside of the ferry terminal building at Albuoy’s Point.
Do you have tours from Hamilton?
- While most tours depart from the Royal Naval Dockyard, we do have certain tours that depart from Hamilton. Please contact us or visit our website to inquire which tours depart Hamilton and what times they depart.
Can I take a jet ski out by myself?
Jet Ski rentals by individuals is prohibited by Bermuda Law. You must take part in a tour. The tours are fun, scenic, and informative. Tours will reach a maximum of 35-40mph. Your guide will give a thorough briefing prior to heading out, and guests are expected to handle the jet skis in the manner briefed.
Are there any tours that go around the entire island?
- There are no boat tours that go around the entire island.
- All of our tours have a sightseeing component with lively commentary by our experienced guides. You will see certain parts of the island.
- Our Hidden Gems tour is a 7-hour tour with wonderful guides and fun stops. This tour provides lunch and ice cream and is our most comprehensive tour of the island.
- The Scenic Mini Bus Tour encompasses approximately ¾ of the island with informative commentary and scenic photographic stops.
Are the boats wheelchair accessible? Can I leave my scooter in a safe place?
- Traditional wheelchairs (foldable) can be stored on the tour boats, but the guest must be able to get on and off the boat by themselves (or with minimal assistance) and navigate a few steps. Most tour boats have a second level with a flight of stairs for the best viewing; however, guests are welcome to stay on the bottom floor and look out the windows.
- Electric scooter-type wheel chairs may be left at the dock area (out of the way) at the owners sole discretion and responsibility.
What if I have not dived in over two years?
- If your last dive was more than two years ago you will be required to take a refresher.
Can I store dive equipment with you?
- The dive shop has very limited space;therefore, we cannot store guest’s personal dive equipment.
Is there a bar on the boat?
- All tour boats have a full cash bar. Some tours include one complimentary drink.
Is there a marine head on the boat?
- All tour boats have a marine head (toilet).
Do you have food on the boat?
- No food is available on the tour boats. The Jolly Roger fishing boat has snacks available for purchase.
Is my credit card information safe?
- Yes. We never keep credit card information on file. Once you give us the information, we cannot see it or call it up. The information is encrypted.
Will I make it back to my ship on time if we are leaving on the day of my tour?
- If you have booked your tour through your ship, the ship is obligated to wait for the tour to return.
- If you have booked your excursion directly with the Island Tour Centre, make sure the return time for the tour is well in advance of your departure time.
Do you provide wet suits on the snorkel tours?
- No wet suits are provided on snorkel tours. If you have your own you are welcome to bring it.
How old do you have to be to drive a jet ski or a Segway?
- In order to drive a jet ski or take part in the Segway tour guests must be 16 years of age with proof. This is according to Bermuda Law and not a choice of the vendor. If you are 15 and turning 16 the following week, the law still applies.
If I go on the Hidden Gems Summer Excursion do, I have to swim in the cave, or cliff jump?
- You do not have to do anything you do not want to do. If you wish to stay outside the caves that is fine, and if you wish to watch the cliff jumpers or just swim that is fine as well.
Can the Hidden Gems Summer Excursion accommodate people with food allergies?
- Yes. When you board the minivan, your order will be taken. You are given options and there are gluten free, vegan, and vegetarian options.
Is snorkel equipment provided on snorkel tours?
- Snorkel equipment is provided on all snorkel tours. If you have small children there may be a limited amount of small sizes. In order to ensure that your child will have the correct size, you may want to either bring equipment with you or call in advance to make sure the sizes you require are available.